Backup scripts

Chris cpollock at embarqmail.com
Thu Sep 4 10:30:26 MDT 2014

I have two scripts that a kind soul on this list wrote for me over 4yrs
ago. I got to looking at them the other day because my old box crashed
and had to build a new one also got a new backup USB drive since I'm
still copying over things from the old one. The first one is for a full
backup:

http://pastebin.com/XF6Zm42A

Works great, does exactly what it's supposed to do. The second is for a
'snapshot' which is where I get a bit confused. I would think that a
'snapshot' would be just the changed files either since the last full
backup or since the last 'snapshot' the night before. It seems though
that it's actually the same as a full backup. I don't profess to be a
script person so I have no idea if it's doing what it should or
something needs to be changed. Below is the 2nd script:

http://pastebin.com/MkBzJnux

Any advice would be appreciated.

Chris

--