Incremental RSYNC on symbolic links only filesystem

Brad Diefendorf bdief1 at comcast.net
Mon May 12 16:57:14 MDT 2014

Hello Rsync List,

I have a directory that I am running an incremental sync (version 3.026)
between AIX and Linux.  The directory that I am asking you about has
about 43 million symbolic links.  I am using the flag to process links
only and had been seeing about 1.5 million links processed in a 12 hour
period until recently.  In the past week my performance has only been
about 23k per 12 hour period.  Any thoughts?  Am I hitting some sort of
limit?

Thanks!