--log-file=File output

Robert DuToit rdutoit at comcast.net
Tue Mar 11 22:02:48 MDT 2014

Hi All,
I have a situations where I need output to a file and normally would just append “&>output.log” to the rsync command line but can’t do that in this situation and need to run rsync with just the args via nstask. I tried the internal --log-file=File  option which works except it outputs very verbosely and not the usual  (xfer#8, to-check=1115/1125) output I need to parse. I don’t knoiw if there is any way to tweak that to the normal output in the code and couldn’t see any settings relating to that.

On OSX 10.9 using rsync 3.0.9 and the standard osx options

Thanks,  Rob