Caching {filePath,mtime64,checksum} values to speed up execution-time

Kevin Korb kmk at sanitarium.net
Tue Mar 11 16:20:37 MDT 2014

OK, in that case you should try using --ignore-times instead
- --checksum.  With --ignore-times rsync will redo the delta transfer of
all files.  This is usually faster than --checksum and won't cause
much additional data transfer.

Unless --whole-file is in play.

On 03/11/2014 06:16 PM, Doug Robinson wrote:
> Ah, forgot to mention that we can't preserve time-stamps and
> matching byte counts are false negatives so we really need to use
> file checksums as comparisons.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Doug -- WANdisco // /Non-Stop Data/
>
> t. 925-396-1125 e. doug.robinson at wandisco.com
> <mailto:doug.robinson at wandisco.com>
>
> Join us in New York and San Francisco for Subversion & Git Live
> 2014 <http://www.wandisco.com/subversion-git-live-2014>
>
> Listed on the London Stock Exchange: WAND
> <http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/WAND:LN>
>
> THIS MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENTS ARE CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, AND
> MAY BE PRIVILEGED.  If this message was misdirected, WANdisco, Inc.
> and its subsidiaries, ("WANdisco") does not waive any
> confidentiality or privilege.  If you are not the intended
> recipient, please notify us immediately and destroy the message
> without disclosing its contents to anyone.  Any distribution, use
> or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other
> than an intended recipient is unauthorized.  The views and opinions
> expressed in this e-mail message are the author's own and may not
> reflect the views and opinions of WANdisco, unless the author is
> authorized by WANdisco to express such views or opinions on its
> behalf.  All email sent to or from this address is subject to
> electronic storage and review by WANdisco.  Although WANdisco
> operates anti-virus programs, it does not accept responsibility for
> any damage whatsoever caused by viruses being passed.

- --
	Kevin Korb			Phone:    (407) 252-6853
	Systems Administrator		Internet:
	FutureQuest, Inc.		Kevin at FutureQuest.net  (work)
	Orlando, Florida		kmk at sanitarium.net (personal)
	Web page:			http://www.sanitarium.net/
	PGP public key available on web site.