rsyncd.conf gid parameter no longer supports spaces in gid names?‏

Philip Hall philip.s.hall at live.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 01:53:53 MDT 2014

I have been using an rsyncd.conf file with a gid value that contains spaces.  This worked fine until rsync got updated to v3.1.0 and I started getting invalid gid messages specifying the first word of the gid name as the gid that could not be found.

Having done some reading on the new functionality of the gid parameter and the ability to now specify a gid list I assume this list is space separated.

I have tried quoting it with both single and double quotes with no success.

I have had to resort to using the numeric gid.

Is there still a way to specify a gid name containing spaces?

Regards,

Phil.