rsync & gnulib/automake

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Wed Jan 1 11:10:18 MST 2014

[Sorry for the super-late reply.]

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 2:40 AM, Tiziano Müller <
tiziano.mueller at stepping-stone.ch> wrote:

> * Would a patch which changes the build system to automake get accepted?

I'd be glad to consider that.

* Would the inclusion of gnulib as git submodule (similar to
> libvirt's gnulib inclusion) be acceptable?

I'm not very keen on that idea for the main code.

* Would a patch which makes the rsync-daemon optional get accepted?

Yes, I believe so.  It shouldn't make things too much more complicated, and
allows the building of just the copy-tool side.