Contents of rsync digest

Henri Shustak henri.shustak at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 03:27:52 MST 2014

> When I try to run a scheduled backup I get the following error:
>
> Error in socket I/O (code 10)
>
> How do I fix this error?

Are you connecting to a remote system to pull or push data? If so are you able to ping the remote system or connect to that system on the specified port using telnet?

Next, assuming you are running rsync directly to perform the backup, please reply to the list with the command you are running and also please provide additional context relating to the data which is returned by rsync.

Finally, you could try adding -v to the command line to request more verbose information from rsync.