problem with rsync-daemon via ssh

Matthias Schniedermeyer ms at citd.de
Fri Feb 14 06:34:36 MST 2014

On 14.02.2014 13:17, Paul Slootman wrote:
> On Fri 14 Feb 2014, Matthias Schniedermeyer wrote:
> >
> > You mixed the options from "remote shell" with "rsync daemon".
> > Rsync is used either as 'rsync over SSH'(/remote shell) OR daemon-mode.
>
> Matthias,
> Ik recommend you check out the "USING RSYNC-DAEMON FEATURES VIA A
> REMOTE-SHELL CONNECTION" part of the manpage.

I would say, the synopsis needs an update.

I vaguely remembered postings meantioning this mode, but not that it was
"officially supported", seams i was wrong in that regard and it boils
down to what Kevin Korb said: rsync expects it's conf in the
home-directory and according to --conf it's called rsyncd.conf (not
.rsyncd.conf?)

--

Matthias