Re[2]: --link-dest --inplace updates files without unlinking. What to do?

Askar Safin safinaskar at mail.ru
Fri Dec 26 06:24:45 MST 2014

>- --inplace and --append-verify are essentially irrelevant when
>- --link-dest is in play.  With --link-dest in play the target system
>must write an entirely new file even for a change in permissions or
>timestamps so any potential benefit by these options are out the
>window from the start.  The only thing they can do is add the
>possibility of incomplete or corrupt copies on the target.
Okey, so, I should remove --inplace and --append-verify? But then copying large file over unstable inet will not work, right? Is there any way to keep --link-dest working right and simultaneously have possibility to copy large file over unstable inet?
==
Askar Safin
http://vk.com/safinaskar
Kazan, Russia