Alternative rsync client for Windows

Kevin Korb kmk at sanitarium.net
Thu Apr 10 19:19:30 MDT 2014

Yeah, I do that with ntfsclone now.  But it is very not-incremental.
Doesn't bother me much though since I don't keep data on NTFS.

On 04/10/2014 09:17 PM, Donald Pearson wrote:
> ..backing up a complete Windows system and doing a bare metal
> restore..
>
> That would really be something.
>

> On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 9:14 PM, Kevin Korb <kmk at sanitarium.net
> <mailto:kmk at sanitarium.net>> wrote:
>
> That would be a big thing for me as on a Windows system my key
> would be in putty's encrypted format.  But then I don't store
> anything on Windows system so I probably wouldn't be using this.  I
> was mostly asking because people ask me these things on #rsync.
>
> Also, I have added your product to the channel FAQ at
> https://sanitarium.net/rsyncfaq/#windows  I will eventually give it
> a try and decide if I should move it higher on the list.
>
> If you could document the process of backing up a complete Windows
> system and doing a bare metal restore that would probably
> eliminate the need to even mention the other choices since afaik
> they can't do it.
>
> On 04/10/2014 09:05 PM, Gilbert (Gang) Chen wrote:
>> right, libssh2 doesn't support ECDSA.  It supports agent-based
>> authentication but we haven't implemented it in Acrosync.
>

>> On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 8:44 PM, Kevin Korb <kmk at sanitarium.net
> <mailto:kmk at sanitarium.net>
>> <mailto:kmk at sanitarium.net <mailto:kmk at sanitarium.net>>> wrote:
>
>> Having never used a libssh2 product on Windows I have basic
>> questions...
>
>> I assume that it would support RSA and DSA keys but not the
>> newer ECDSA or ED25515 keys?  Would it be able to authenticate
>> against pageant (putty's agent)?
>
>> On 04/10/2014 08:38 PM, Gilbert (Gang) Chen wrote:
>>> We're using libssh2.
>

>>> On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 7:46 PM, Kevin Korb
>>> <kmk at sanitarium.net
> <mailto:kmk at sanitarium.net>
>> <mailto:kmk at sanitarium.net <mailto:kmk at sanitarium.net>>
>>> <mailto:kmk at sanitarium.net <mailto:kmk at sanitarium.net>
> <mailto:kmk at sanitarium.net <mailto:kmk at sanitarium.net>>>> wrote:
>
>>> What are you using for ssh?

> <mailto:devzero at web.de>
>> <mailto:devzero at web.de <mailto:devzero at web.de>>
>>> <mailto:devzero at web.de <mailto:devzero at web.de>
> <mailto:devzero at web.de <mailto:devzero at web.de>>>
> <mailto:devzero at web.de <mailto:devzero at web.de>>
>> <mailto:devzero at web.de <mailto:devzero at web.de>

>>> -- Please use reply-all for most replies to avoid omitting the
>>> mailing list. To unsubscribe or change options:
>>> read: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>

> -- Please use reply-all for most replies to avoid omitting the
> mailing list. To unsubscribe or change options:
> read: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

- --
	Kevin Korb			Phone:    (407) 252-6853
	Systems Administrator		Internet:
	FutureQuest, Inc.		Kevin at FutureQuest.net  (work)
	Orlando, Florida		kmk at sanitarium.net (personal)
	Web page:			http://www.sanitarium.net/
	PGP public key available on web site.