Native Parallelization in rsync

ameirh at gmail.com ameirh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 17:38:51 CEST 2013

It's great you brought up bbcp.  I didn't factor this into my initial email, but if we could further split up large files into N chunks and transport them concurrently, that would provide massive benefits as well.

It's clear there are multiple areas for improvement that would let us do away with having to use other tools for various scenarios.  If we could put some planning/development time in even the easiest-to-implement cases, it would be highly-beneficial to a large number of users.