issues syncing between one host and another

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Sun Sep 8 23:57:28 CEST 2013

On Thu 05 Sep 2013 18:02:16 NZST +1200, Kevin Korb wrote:

> I am pretty sure I mentioned this when we were talking in IRC but I
> feel I need to point out again that this is what rsnapshot does.

The OP wanted to rsync local directories to a remote backup host. The
biggest (IMHO) drawback of rsnapshot is that it can't do precisely that.
It can rsync from remote to local, but for obvious reasons I don't want
to give the backup host root access to the host.

Or is there a trick to rsnapshot to store the snapshots on remote?

Thanks,

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann