Native Parallelization in rsync

Francis.Montagnac at inria.fr Francis.Montagnac at inria.fr
Sun Sep 8 08:28:44 CEST 2013

On Thu, 05 Sep 2013 20:04:21 +0200 "Stier, Matthew" wrote:

> The only time I've seen where some kind of threading would have help,
> is I was trying to transfer hundreds of gigabytes of data across a
> gigabyte link. ...

There is another rather common case I think where this would help:
when the destination directory is located on a NAS over NFS.

In this case, except of course for the initial transfert, most of the
time is spent in calculating the file list on the destination.

Multithreading only the computation of the destination.file list, in
--no-inc-recursive mode, would gain a lot I think.

    Francis