unknown message 0:0 [sender]

thomas veymont thomas.veymont at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 01:26:29 MDT 2013

hi Wayne, thanks for feedback.
yes, my daemon has a timeout option (although maybe not necessary).

patched the 3.1.0 io.c source ,  now I get this message on the client side:

(...)
sending incremental file list
unknown message 42:0 [sender]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(441)
[sender=3.0.9]

as a precaution, below is a copy of my daemon conf.

cheer up! :-)
regards,
Tom.

~~~~~~~~~~~
use chroot = true
max connections = 6
syslog facility = local3
max verbosity = 1
timeout = 600

read only = true
list = false
uid = 99
gid = 99

strict modes = true
auth users =

# (ips and hosts obfuscated)
hosts allow = 127.0.0.1, aaa.aa.aaa.a/aa,       \
        xxxxxxxxxx.yyyyyyyyy.zzz

transfer logging = true

secrets file = /etc/rsyncd/rsyncd.secrets

[MOD1]
path = /ccc/vccc/cc/ccc
comment = dzafdzefjzefp fzefzefz efzef  zef zefzef
hosts allow = fzefezf, fzefze,efzefzef,fezfzef
auth users = ttt, uuu
read only = false