Any plans for a 3.1.0 release(-date)?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon May 27 13:08:12 MDT 2013

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Wayne Davison <wayned at samba.org> wrote:

> On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 4:20 PM, Matthias Schniedermeyer <ms at citd.de>wrote:
>
>> If i'm reading git right(git log v3.0.9..) the development branch
>> that will eventually result in 3.1.0 is nearly 5 years "in the making".
>>

> Ouch -- it's taken far too long, hasn't it?  I've been working towards a
> release these last few days, and I should have a test release for it soon.

Ages ago I'd submitted a patch to rsync that added at least some of the
trivial support needed to set the diffserv bits and the tcp congestion
control algorithm. In this bufferbloated age I thought it might be useful
to be able to control this stuff (setting CS1 by default for example).

It doesn't look like it ever made it into the git tree. If you care I can
probably respin it fast.

> ..wayne..
>
> --

Dave Täht