Timeout on deletion

AZ 9901 az9901 at gmail.com
Mon May 20 02:55:03 MDT 2013

Hello,

I use Rsync client (3.0.9) synchronising to a Rsync daemon (3.0.8) over SSH.

I have sometimes a huge amount of files to delete.
Rsync daemon can take a lot of time to delete them, leading Rsync client into a timeout…

Is there any way to avoid this timeout ?
I would have liked not to increase timeout value on client side (which is already set to 600 seconds), as I don't really know how long the deletion will take.

Could it be possible for the client and the daemon to communicate with each other from time to time during the deletion process ?
The client would then know that deletion is still in progress, this would avoid timeout !

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

Ben