Compilation error during rsync-3.0.9

Paul Slootman paul+rsync at wurtel.net
Thu May 2 07:47:37 MDT 2013

On Tue 30 Apr 2013, Gauri Senad wrote:

> I am compiling rsync-3.0.9 in my build system (which is for 2.6.10 linux
> kernel. I am using windriver build system), compilation is failing due to
> size of “uint32” and “uint16” was computed wrongly during configuration.

Hmm, it took some googling to see that "windriver" should be parsed as
"wind-river" and not "win-driver" :-)

> checking size of int... (cached) 4
> checking size of long... (cached) 4
> checking size of long long... (cached) 8
> checking size of short... (cached) 2
> checking size of int16_t... 2
> *checking size of uint16_t... (cached) 0*
> checking size of int32_t... 4
> *checking size of uint32_t... (cached) 0*
> checking size of int64_t... 8
> checking size of off_t... (cached) 8
> checking size of off64_t... 8
> checking size of time_t... 4
> checking for inline... (cached) inline

> As I am new to this kind of build system I am confused, which file is
> referred for checking the values of variable
> “ac_cv_sizeof_uint32_t/checking size of uint16_t”
> ? As far as my study during this error debugging it seems the value is
> looked from the cache file.

There should be no cache file present the first time you run configure.
If there is, wipe the directory clean and unpack the rsync sources
again, and check that there is no cache file at that point.
Then rerun configure.

Paul