rsync: unpack_smb_acl: sys_acl_get_info(): Unknown error: 0 (0)

Robert DuToit rdutoit at comcast.net
Sat Jun 8 10:58:01 MDT 2013

Dear All,

I have been getting reports and noticing these acl errors again recently. rsync 3.0.7 thru 3.0.9. Someone reported that files were being skipped but we don't know if it is the acl issue since it doesn't state the file name. In the archives I found Henry's post about this and saw that Matt was going to post a patch. I haven't been able to find the patch and wonder if one exists or anyone can point me to the code where I can perhaps add at least the file path to the error thrown. Also I would probably opt myself for keeping the file without the acls, knowing the possible risks.

Thanks, Rob