Rsync 3.1.0pre1 released

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sun Jul 28 12:36:28 MDT 2013

I have just made rsync 3.1.0pre1 available for downloading (finally!).
 This is a feature release that has a lot of improvements, performance
enhancements, and bug fixes.  I hope you enjoy it.

Please test this new release and send email to the rsync mailing list with
any questions, comments, or bug reports.  I've been using 3.1.0dev at work
for quite a while now, so hopefully everyone will find it to be stable, and
we can get this moved on to its final release.

To see a summary of the changes since 3.0.9, visit this link:

  http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/src-previews/rsync-3.1.0pre1-NEWS

You can download the source tar file and its signature from here:

  http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/src-previews/rsync-3.1.0pre1.tar.gz
  http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/src-previews/rsync-3.1.0pre1.tar.gz.asc

The patches directory is now in a separate tar file (for those that want
one or more of the patches):

http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/src-previews/rsync-patches-3.1.0pre1.tar.gz

http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/src-previews/rsync-patches-3.1.0pre1.tar.gz.asc

See the rsync website for other download methods, including diffs, etc.:

  http://rsync.samba.org/