remote rsync exit code 0: is this a bug?

Andrew Gideon c182driver1 at gideon.org
Thu Jul 11 14:52:53 MDT 2013

On Thu, 11 Jul 2013 15:46:06 +0000, Andrew Gideon wrote:

>   rsync: recv_generator: mkdir
>   "/backup/host/vol/snapshot.2013.07.11.0.in_progress/live/lms/trylesson/toefl"
>   failed: No space left on device (28)
>   *** Skipping any contents from this failed directory ***

I'm still looking through the code, but I've a guess that this is the
issue.  If it is an mkdir() that fails, skip_dir is set.  The files
in that directory are then "silently" ignored, at least from a certain
perspective.

If it is a write that fails, then exit_cleanup(RERR_FILEIO) is called.

Is this a reasonable distinction?  Or should not a failure to create a
directory cause a result similar to that of a failure to write a file?

Thanks...

	- Andrew