wildcards and nested files

Francis.Montagnac at inria.fr Francis.Montagnac at inria.fr
Wed Jul 3 03:07:05 MDT 2013

Hi

On Wed, 03 Jul 2013 11:00:38 +0200 Grant wrote:
>> These are both specializations of the generic --filter='merge filters.txt'
>> filter option.  See the rsync man page for the gory details.

> That's a great feature and I think it should be referenced in some way
> under --include-from and --exclude-from in man rsync.

This is almost already the case: just above in the --include /
--exclude options details.

Ex:

   --include=PATTERN
	  This  option  is  a  simplified form of the --filter option that
	  defaults to  an  include  rule  and  does  not  allow  the  full
	  rule-parsing syntax of normal filter rules.

	  See  the  FILTER  RULES section for detailed information on this
	  option.

   --include-from=FILE
	  This option is related to the --include option, but it specifies
	  a  FILE  that  contains  include patterns (one per line).  Blank
	  lines in the file  and  lines  starting  with  ';'  or  '#'  are
	  ignored.   If  FILE  is  -,  the list will be read from standard
	  input.

    Francis