Is there a howto/tutorial on backups/rsync that covers the use of hard and soft links?

François daitheflu at free.fr
Tue Jan 22 15:31:33 MST 2013

Hi Joe,

If you want to understand hard-links, just take a look at Wikipedia :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_link#Example

I think it's pretty easy to understand.

To understand how hard-links (and rsync) can help you make strong incremental
backups, head over
http://blog.interlinked.org/tutorials/rsync_time_machine.html

Cheers,

--