rsync in conjunction with the --link-dest option does not output deleted files

Maik Meier maik at amiga-desire.de
Tue Jan 8 04:53:39 MST 2013

But I thought rsync tells me all modifications from "source" to
"backup_new". I just want to write this information into a log-file. I
know that the file, that is deleted in "source" is not deleted
physically after rsyncing, because it still exists in backup_old. But
the interesting information to me would be: what has changed from
"source" to "backup_new"? It seems that rsync does not output this
information. Is the only solution to write a own script which compares
"source" and "backup_old" to determine the deleted files before
rsyncing? I am wondering about this.

------- Original Message from Matthias Schniedermeyer -------