rsync memory usage with block-size option

Jarrid Graham jarrid.graham at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 17:56:35 MST 2013

OK it is the text dump, uncompressed, looks like the new maint. plan does a
rebuild index then a reorganize index. Of course I do not know a lot about
SQL, but when I watch the rsync run most of the data is generated in the
last 25% of the run, I know the data is the same in there but maybe now it
is not in the same order or something. I tried the --fuzzy option that that
helped a small amount about 2% in size. I mostly wanted to try the
block-size but if there is a better option I am all for it, the bad thing
is it takes 4 hrs per run.
Thanks