syntax of a local Windows path

Peter Rolf indiego at gmx.net
Mon Feb 18 13:06:24 MST 2013

Hi!

We want to migrate from a cygwin based rsync to a MingW based version.
'rsync' is used here to install/update a complete TeX tree
(see http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone)
from a remote server to a local PC.

On Windows based machines the destination is currently something like

/cygdrive/c/<path_to_directory>

What is the correct way to do the same with the MingW version?
I've tried some options, but I'm not quite sure, what is the correct
syntax here.

1.    /c/<path_to_directory>
2.    /c:/<path_to_directory>
3.    '--files-from' should work too, but is a bit cumbersome

My preferred solution would be the first (without colon). Is this ok to
use? I couldn't find a satisfying answer in the documentation or the
archive and I have to be sure about this.

Peter