Direct I/O support (patches included)

Sandon Van Ness sandon at van-ness.com
Thu Feb 14 15:49:38 MST 2013

  On 02/14/2013 02:21 PM, Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Feb 2013, Brian K. White wrote:
>
>> On 2/14/2013 9:50 AM, Dag Wieers wrote:
>>
>>>  Since a --direct-io feature was requested a few times the past decade
>>>  with little response and the actual patch is quite trivial, I patched
>>>  both v3.0.9 and master branch and included the patches here.
>>
>> When I drop the 3.0.9 diff into my otherwise working spec file for
>> 3.0.9 on opensuse build service, it patches and builds with no error,
>> but "make test" fails:
>
> Attached is an updated patch which takes care of the test cases.
>
> Kind regards,
Awesome I will have to give this a try. I seem to recall that rsync was
CPU bottlenecked on my machine around 200 megabytes/sec where as a DD
device -> device copy with direct I/O I could get around 800
megabytes/sec (just a regular cp/dd was like 300-400 megabytes/sec).
Also nice that you are not trashing your disk cache as well. I have been
waiting for this for a while.