rsync 3.0.9 compile --copy-devices --write-devices not working

devzero at web.de devzero at web.de
Sun Feb 3 04:09:45 MST 2013

>Anyway, i tried not to give up.
>
>And found
>
>https://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsync-patches-3.0.9.tar.gz
>
>In there, i found copy-devices.diff, which could be applied successfully :-)
>A write-devices.diff is missing :(

Mh, apparently rsync-patches-$release.tar.gz and rsync-patches.git are not in sync for some reason.

I found that there are patches in git which are missing in tar and vice versa.

I would have thought that patches.tar.gz is a copy of the .git contents at relase date (For example, drop-cache.diff is in the tar, but not in current git)

regards
roland