Does rsync need a --ignore-unreadable-files option?

Allen Supynuk allen.supynuk at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 19:17:31 MST 2013

It also means running the backups as root. Running as root in a root squash environment is risky. In my case the (read-only snapshot of the) source is considered broken if there are unreadable files, so I have no grounds for a security exception.

I want the option to have the backup complete with a warning instead of stop part way thru with an error. I realize that the current behavior is the correct default.

-Allen

Sent from my iPad