Is there a howto/tutorial on backups/rsync that covers the use of hard and soft links?

Karl O. Pinc kop at meme.com
Fri Feb 1 09:22:50 MST 2013

Here's my rsync based backup system.

http://wikisend.com/download/377440/rsync_backup-0.26.tar.gz

It's an rsync based backup system utilizing hard links
to reduce storage requirements.  It supports both push
and pull.  It uses public keys with ssh for the transport.

It works and I've used it for years, but haven't released it
since there's some changes that should be made so that
it is fully generalized.  These planned changes will require
existing installations to change things (like file names).
(See the TODO file.)

Suggestions/patches are welcome.

Note that the above link expires in 90 days.  If people
want continued access let me know and I'll put it somewhere
more permanent.