Question about rsyncing to a slightly different folder structure on target

Tue Dec 31 04:59:27 MST 2013

Hi all,

Ok, if this isn't possible with some kind of wildcard, I can adjust the
target manually, but if I can just modify the command to allow for the
different folder structure on the target, I'd rather do that.

I'm incrementally rsync'ing my mailstore from the old server to the new
server, doing testing along the way.

The command I'm currently using is:

rsync -rltgovDHP --delete --delete-excluded --exclude-from
'/path/to/excludes.txt' /mnt/oldvmail/example.com/ /var/vmail/example.com/

On the old server, dovecot is configured to just use
.../example.com/user for the maildirs.

On the target server, I want to change this to .../example.com/user/Maildir

Is there a way to modify the above command, so that rsync automatically
syncs what is currently in .../example.com/user to
.../example.com/user/Maildir using wildcards or something?

Thanks

--

Best regards,

*/Charles/*