How to set different permissions on target

Sat Dec 21 11:42:04 MST 2013

Hi all,

Ok, I'm attempting to rsync a large datastore (email), and want to
change the ownership of the target directories and files.

I saw the --chmod option in man rsync, but didn't see a --chown option...

What I'd like to do is something like:

rsync -avHP --chown vmail:vmail /mnt/old-mail/ /var/vmail/mail/

So the ownership of all dirs and file on the target are vmail:vmail
after the rsync is done (on the source they are postfix:postfix).

Can this be done? This is about 350GB of stuff, so I'd rather not have
to do a separate chown after the rsyn each time (I'll be doing this
multiple times).

Thanks,

Charles