rsync over ssh hang on error

Justin Pryzby justinp at norchemlab.com
Fri Aug 16 19:20:12 MDT 2013

I saw something similar on a solaris machine.  Do you know what kind of
redirection of file descriptors is going on ?  I worked around my
problem by using tempfiles rather than sophisticated redirections [0].

Justin

[0] Something like this:
x=` { $ssh -T "$host" zfs send </dev/null |zfs recv; } 2>&1`
ssh -T and </dev/null were earlier attempt to work around the problem.