rsync speed limited by read chunk size?

AZ 9901 az9901 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 12:56:08 MDT 2013

Le 12 juil. 2013 à 19:35, Wayne Davison a écrit :
> The fileio routines are usually reading 256K chunks except for the receiver, which tries to read 16K chunks (since it may be randomly accessing the file data in some cases).

Wayne, when the Rsync daemon accesses the data (randomly or not), does it read its chunk at a position of n x <chunk_size> (n integer) from the beginning of the file ?
Are all the Rsync daemon chunks 256K chunks, or does it also produces 16K chunks as you seem to say above ? Which one is mainly used ?
Sorry to bother you but I did not understand exactly what you meant in your quotation above :-/
I'm still thinking about / working on performance :-)
Thank you very much for you support !
Ben