Refining log entries

Bob von Knobloch bob at vknobloch.de
Sat Apr 6 06:52:54 MDT 2013

On 05/04/13 19:16, Francis.Montagnac at inria.fr wrote:

> Hi.
>
> On Fri, 05 Apr 2013 19:04:50 +0200 Bob von Knobloch wrote:
>
>> At the moment I also get a complete list of all directories that lie
>> under in rsync's target, whether they are updated or not.
>
> Perhaps because the modify time of those directories changes. Adding a
> --itemize-changes option should confirm that,
>
> If you don't care about keeping thos modtime, try to add
> --omit-dir-times to your call of rsync.
>
>      Francis

Hi Francis,

Thank you, it wasn't timestamps, but group id inconsistency (the source,
in this case is a Windows box, ids are always tricky).
You put me on the right track anyway, I had not realised how useful
--itemize-changes can be.
I must rewrite the group ID after transfer, because the destination gid
(special group), is neither the source (users) nor the invoking id
(root) and I see no option to rewrite it in rsync.

Merci beaucoup,

Robert

--
The Sun is out, the sky is blue, it's time to drive the MR2.