rsync to sync time without attempting to modify the content

Steven Levine steve53 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 3 01:36:30 MDT 2013

In <515B2C7F.8000407 at gmail.com>, on 04/02/13
   at 12:07 PM, Brice Rebsamen <brice.rebsamen at gmail.com> said:

Hi,

>options. But how to get rsync to give me info why files are different?

Check the docs for --itemize-changes.  This might be provide sufficient
information to build your transfer lists.  If not, take a look at the log
format features in the rsync.conf docs.

There's no way I can think of to have rsync update timestamps without
first making the content equal, so this might be a separate script.

Of course, you could always contract with someone familiar with the rsync
code base to add a --assume-content-ok option.

Steven