Huge rsyncd.log file - what do I grep for to debug rscync failures

Dariusz Dolecki dariusz.dolecki at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 12:52:46 MDT 2012

Hi,

-rw-r--r--   1 root     other    5291457346 Sep  6 13:44 rsyncd.log

what pattern should I grep for to send you guys more information on rsync
failures (server side)

Client side messages are:
rsync of /oradb/d10 appeared to complete with NON-NOMINAL
  status (rc=12) at Thu Sep  6 07:33:58 PDT 2012
  with the following files reported in output:

receiving incremental file list
HR8PRD/temp1_02.dbf
rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (131)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(759)
[receiver=3.0.6]
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (88 bytes received so far) [generator]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(600)
[generator=3.0.6]

errors are being generated ONLY on sparse files I had put in the --sparse
switch, now trying with the -avS options

Thank you