we have about 60 directories that rsync fine

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sat Sep 1 10:50:22 MDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 6:40 AM, Dariusz Dolecki
<dariusz.dolecki at gmail.com>wrote:

> connection reset by peer is the message we get. This is rsync in daemon
> mode on TCP port 873

Is that the message from the client side?  What does the daemon say in its
log?  A connection-reset just means that the connection closed, but doesn't
tell you why the other side went away.  You need to investigate if the
connection is closing on its own (if both sides see a connection-closed
message) or if one side or the other is dying for some reason.