rsync using huge traffic

Greg Deback (rsync) greg.deb+rsync at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 01:31:45 MST 2012

Hello,

First things I'm thinking of is :
1. Do you have inside your backup tree some links that point outside the
filesystem ? (ie. some mounted folder) If so, add the -x flag (don't cross
filesystem boundaries)
2. Do you have some hard links inside your tree that may create recursive
loops ? If so, try with the -H flag too (preserve hard links)
That would lead to -xHaze 'ssh ...'

Greg