Rsync --update copy one file multiples times

kamleshverma kamleshverma at srishtisoft.com
Wed Nov 21 03:39:38 MST 2012

Hi All,

My using rsync command to backup my mail server mailbox to backup server.

I am using following command for backup.

rsync  -avzu -e ssh root at 192.168.1.12:/mail_home  /mail_backup

I configured daily cron for this command in backup server.

In mail server /mail_home folder having all user's mailbox and size of
mail_home is 345 GB and in backup server I have assign 450 GB for
mail_backup drive.  when I run command first time its copied all mailbox
folder from mail server to backup server but when crontab run second
time in backup server the Mail_backup drive showing full. after that I
run script on backup server and mail server which show all folder size
and compare with both results. in both server each folders size is same.

Now I am wondering why backup server showing  Mail_backup full.

--
From

Kamlesh Verma

System Administrator | Srishti Software Application Pvt Ltd

L-174,6th Sector HSR Layout,Bangalore-560102

Cell:- +91-9686450284