Invoking rsync from a script with null parameters

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Mon Nov 5 00:39:06 MST 2012

No.  I traced the heck out of it (bash -vx ...) and I was actually
sending a null parameter as the first argument to rsync and that made it
get out of bed on the wrong side.

Here are some more details as to what happened:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/112717/rsync-copies-files-from-working-directory-in-addition-to-the-requested-ones/113431

Essentially, rsync worked, but additionally processed all the files in
the current working directory when that wasn't expressly requested.
Since null parameters are almost totally invisible, it took awhile to find.

Sorry I didn't include more details in my original post.

On the bright side, this is what caused me to join this list.  I've
learned a lot - mostly by lurking.

Thanks.
Joe