Getting messages "failed to stat" only in cron execution

josephj at main.nc.us josephj at main.nc.us
Thu May 3 12:18:13 MDT 2012

No, but a couple of things that I would look at (that you probably already
did) : 1) Since rsync handles embedded blanks in paths, it probably also
works for embedded single quotes, but I'd verify that. 2) Are \#303\#253
valid characters (especially on the host that's generating the error
message - if you're running your rsync across hosts, maybe your local host
understands something the remote one doesn't)?  I don't remember where I
saw it, but I think rsync has an option for recoding things on the fly
from one character set to another if that's the problem.

HTH

Joe