Detection of permission changes

Joachim Otahal (privat) Jou at gmx.net
Fri Mar 2 10:57:07 MST 2012

Nope.

Available line speed: Sending 5 MBit, receiving 6 MBit. "real" line
speed - well, it is a VPN over Internet, very "controlled" speed......
All files are already sync.

Fileset: about 3.31 GB, 3146 files, several runs.
min time/max time/mean time

rsync -rtvvzPc --compress-level=9 --fuzzy --delete-delay
192.168.250.68::d/bootcd/ /cygdrive/e/bootcd/
sent 10497 bytes  received 145562 bytes  2039.99 bytes/sec
total size is 3559041255  speedup is 22805.74
75.4/96.3/80.8 seconds

rsync -rtvvzP --ignore-times --compress-level=9 --fuzzy --delete-delay
192.168.250.68::d/bootcd/ /cygdrive/e/bootcd/
sent 8885025 bytes  received 207541 bytes  33613.92 bytes/sec
total size is 3559041255  speedup is 391.42
182/250/195 seconds

-c wins clearly over --ignore-times, about 5:2 (more or less).

--ignore-times would win if: some files with large size, change every
time they are synced, but only 'cause -c only saves time on files that
are already snyc. In my sync case > 95% of the files are already sync
(except for my testing when everything was sync).

regards,

Joachim Otahal