--stats and performance issue

Marc Rechté marc3 at rechte.fr
Tue Jun 12 08:42:11 MDT 2012

Thanks Eric,

I have been struggling for a few days (see my former message --stats and
performance issue) with a similar problem to Alan's. They are very long
pauses and very few files / byte transferred.

For instance one run gave:

Mon Jun 11 18:01:34 CEST 2012

Number of files: 1187751
Number of files transferred: 1494
Total file size: 203.90G bytes
Total transferred file size: 11.72G bytes
Literal data: 139.17M bytes
Matched data: 11.58G bytes
File list size: 32.74M
File list generation time: 0.059 seconds
File list transfer time: 0.000 seconds
Total bytes sent: 5.09M
Total bytes received: 175.26M

sent 5.09M bytes  received 175.26M bytes  246.20K bytes/sec
total size is 203.90G  speedup is 1130.61

Mon Jun 11 18:13:46 CEST 2012

And another one with half the number of files (by exluding a few big directories) taking the same amount of time !

Tue Jun 12 16:01:52 CEST 2012

Number of files: 570880
Number of files transferred: 258
Total file size: 163.37G bytes
Total transferred file size: 5.16G bytes
Literal data: 76.84M bytes
Matched data: 5.09G bytes
File list size: 15.25M
File list generation time: 0.014 seconds
File list transfer time: 0.000 seconds
Total bytes sent: 2.35M
Total bytes received: 93.78M

sent 2.35M bytes  received 93.78M bytes  129.47K bytes/sec
total size is 163.37G  speedup is 1699.43

Tue Jun 12 16:14:14 CEST 2012

I really don't know what test to undertake to farther investigate the problem.

Thanks