rsync takes long pauses in xfer ?

ericbambach1 at discover.com ericbambach1 at discover.com
Tue Jun 12 07:39:01 MDT 2012

Alan,

        What is the rsync command used? If it hits a large group of files
with no differences (easy to believe across 12TB) but has to compare the
checksums anyways (forced by you or failing the size+time compare) you'll
be I/O bound with almost no corresponding network traffic as it just has
to send the checksums.

Eric Bambach | Discover
Senior Assoc. Programmer, Warehouse Infrastructure and Tools
2500 Lake Cook Road, Riverwoods IL 60015
P: 224.405.2896 ericbambach1 at discover.com