rsync based on checksum only

Benjamin ANDRE mail1 at sonadresse.com
Fri Jul 6 01:59:57 MDT 2012

hello,

a patch could help you in the case of a move or rename of a file :

Patch : --detect-renamed
(1) match in size & modify-time (plus the basename, if possible)
(2) or match in size & checksum (when --checksum was also specified) and
use each match as an alternate basis file to speed up the transfer.

http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=rsync-patches.git;a=blob;f=detect-renamed.diff;h=c3e6e846eab437e56e25e2c334e292996ee84345;hb=master

Patch options : --detect-renamed-lax and --detect-moved
http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=rsync-patches.git;a=blob;f=detect-renamed-lax.diff;h=1ff593c8f97a97e8970d43ff5a62dfad5abddd75;hb=master

Benjamin ANDRE