Check for Open files during rsync

charith charith079 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 00:08:46 MST 2012

Hi All,

I saw on previous mail  thread under topic *"exclude open file in backup
with rsync (2006)"* That Rsync can't handle open files and it sends all
files without checking whether they are open.I want to know whether still
Rsync have this problem or if their any solution for this. I really need to
check open files and I want to sync without open files. if their any way do
this using --exclude mail thread also explain about "*you could run fuser
on all the files and translate the results into exclude rules, but files
might open and close after rsync starts"* please anyone can explain this to
me...