Rsync when using --whole-file

VanL van.lindberg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 17:20:25 MST 2012

I have a question about what happens at the code level when I use
--whole-file. I know that it turns off the rolling checksum. I also
understand that it only checks the file's mtime and size to identify
whether there should be some transfer. Two questions:

1) Could anyone give me a pointer to the correct file so that I can read
what happens when --whole-file is used?
2) When using --whole-file, does rsync use any kind of hash function
after transferring the file to make sure that the originating and newly
copied file are the same?

Thanks,
Van

Van Lindberg