Rsync between OpenVMS & OpenVMS

Brian Cuttler brian at wadsworth.org
Fri Aug 17 07:01:37 MDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 09:24:56PM +0000, Horn, James wrote:
> I'm looking at need to duplicate some drives data from one OpenVMS site to another OpenVMS site. Clustering is not an option, so was wondering if Rsync could be used between two OpenVMS sites and if there would be any issues with the files.

I've never installed rsync on VMS, but don't forget that you
can use $ backup. It will work fine and will reproduce the
tree structure, but will only allow a single thread across the
network. That is, $ backup on the local system and output a
save_set on the remote end, you can then unpack the save_set on
the remote system.

> James Horn
> SHSU 2449
> Computer Services
> Sam Houston State University
> Huntsville TX 77340
> Phone: (936) 294-1042

> --
---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler at wadsworth.org

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain
confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally
privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure.  It
is intended only for the addressee.  If you received this in error or
from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not
distribute, copy or use it or any attachments.  Please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your
system. Thank you for your cooperation.