Rsyncing huge file, timeout on rsyncd

Libor Klepáč libor.klepac at bcom.cz
Fri Aug 17 05:58:13 MDT 2012

Hello again,
still didn't find solution for timeout.

What exactly is happening during initial "no progress" period?
I guess, destination rsync is computing checksum of whole destination file
before transfer starts from source?

Is there any way to force rsync to start copying data (almost) immediately  -
let's say, after computing checksum of 10% of file?

With regards
Libor