Rsync to a Remote NAS

BillDorrian at pgatourhq.com BillDorrian at pgatourhq.com
Wed Apr 11 15:46:24 MDT 2012

That's how I do it too - from a linux box:

# mount -t cifs -o username=tylerdurden //cifsbox/share /linuxmountpoint

(Then you are prompted for tylerdurden's Windows/CIFS password)

After that:
# rsync (your options here) /<sourcedir> /linuxmountpoint

Bill Dorrian
Network Administrator
Desk: 904-273-7625
Cell: 904-859-9471